Chevy Avalanche Photo Thread

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by ChevyFan, Sep 5, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

Let's see pics of your Chevy Avalanche in this thread. Post away!
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

I know I'm not the only one on here....

Attached Files:

3. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

I'll join Enkei here...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. RFoster130

RFoster130 New Member

5. ARMYtango

ARMYtango New Member

Still a bit more to do, but it's a start!

Attached Files:

6. moogvo

moogvo Moderator

Is this what they look like if you rip the cladding off? What year did they lose the cladding but still keep the cat eye headlights?!
  7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Cladding was from 02-06 Although My 02 which was one of the first sold in the US was in my driveway on June 1st of 01.. It was seen in many Ad's in Mag's But the 03-06 Model years you could get one called a WBH (without Body Hardware) It had the same front nose as a Silverado The Cladded nose was differant from any other GM trucks.. Disney 022.jpg Disney 042.jpg
  8. the phantom

the phantom New Member

Does mine count 03 Escalade Ext
    2003 escalade ext.jpg
  9. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

2002 was the only year that required the cladding. In 2003, they introduced the WBH (without body hardware) package like mine is so it has the silverado front clip and different body panels that aren't formed with the contours and clips for the cladding. You could get them either with or without cladding for the rest of that generation from 2003-2006.

And Phantom, that counts. That Escalade is a nice looking rig. I really like those. Good on you for using it to plow too!
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  10. moogvo

moogvo Moderator

GM was big on that cladding back in the early 2000s. My Aztek had cladding that was mounted with 3M tape. I like the Avalanche... It will probably be my next purchase... It looks like a suburban with the top chopped in the rear... Although the 'burb never got the "cat eye" nose treatment...

I have seen a Tahoe that someone swapped the cat eye nose onto... It looked awesome.
  11. ARMYtango

ARMYtango New Member

I had a 98 Pontiac Montana with cladding all the way around also.

My Avalanche is the EXTREME WBH...lol A lot of the WBH models would still have the door molding strips and/or the fender flares, but as you can see in the pics, I don't have any of that, and that is how it came.

I just consider it a NEKKID AV...lol :gasp:
  12. moogvo

moogvo Moderator

Your Av looks great! The front looks like my 03 Silverado, which I really liked. The other avalanches are nice too... I am just not a fan of the wheel openings with the flat tops. I don't so much mind the grille/lights on them tho.

I can already see that when I get mine, it will have to come into the shop for some metal work on the rear to put on '03 style tail lights. Not a fan of the swept tail light lenses on the sides.

This also has me thinking about taking am OBS suburban and making it into an Avalanche. That would be a cool project too! I saw one where someone attempted it on a mid 80s body Suburban. It looked like crap though. It looked like it had been cobbed together in someones back yard...
  13. ARMYtango

ARMYtango New Member

Thank you! Most of the mods I have done with it have to do with lighting, and there are still some lights I want to add, but give it time and there will be a lot of physical improvements to her also.

I think I have seen that pic online somewhere also...and I agree, it looks like some redneck had some time...and a couple old trucks...to play with. lol
  14. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Post the Pic..... florida truck pics 030 (Custom) (Custom).jpg You don't like these?
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  15. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

I was wondering the same thing... All of the 2002-2006 avalanches have the same tail lights.

Mine is the same way. My research shows that the trim stirs down the side were part of what gm called the protection package. It wasn't popular here, but those trim parts were standard on the regular trucks. It's a bit strange. Anyway, I like not having them... Other than it gets more door dings this way.
  16. ARMYtango

ARMYtango New Member

That is one BEAUTIFUL rig! :gasp:
  17. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Thanks It was... :( I miss it.. A full 5.1 award winning sound System Tons of Mods. I miss it.... florida truck pics 001 (Custom).jpg florida truck pics 023 (Custom).jpg florida truck pics 026 (Custom).jpg She went everywhere from Canada to Daytona Beach.... Sold for $17K with 135K on it..
  18. Fixer

Fixer New Member

I'll play...

PurchaseDAY2.jpg
  19. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Sweet ride Welcome......
  20. BlackSmoke*

BlackSmoke* New Member

Nice Looking Truck.

Nice looking truck. I wish I could get an exhaust like that but I don't think I would be able to afford it so I am just thinking about dumping it. I will put so pic's of truck here soon all tho it is bone stock but I can just make a photo call of all the work and mods I do with it. :D