1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chevy Avalanche

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by ChevyFan, Nov 18, 2006.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Hey everyone,

The entry page into the Chevy Avalanche forum in the Chevy Clubs forum is new, but the forum is ready for action.

Go ahead and jump in with your questions and comments about the Chevy Avalanche.
  2. Virginia

Virginia New Member

Hello Steve, I am new and love my Avalanche. It was my Christmas gift about 3 years ago. I was wondering if anybody knows of a site to get a letter coverint that goes over the Chevrolet on the tailgate? We have seen several in the area and stopped one owner and he said his son had bought it online. If anybody knows the site I would love to get it.
  3. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts

Hi Virginia, welcome to the club.

Please forgive me, but what specifically are you looking for. Are you looking to hide the "Chevrolet" or emphasize it?
    I have seen kits that allow you to put Stainless Steel cutouts over the words Avalanche, and (2500 if applicable) on the body armor (plastic) to emphasize them.

I wonder, is this what you're looking for?
    http://www.suvxccessory.com/rwss-rw1100-2.html
  4. Virginia

Virginia New Member

Chevrolet letters for tailgate

Thank you so much for the site. I have looked at it and it might be the ones. If we knew the name that they go by it would help but will hope to catch the owner of the Avalance we saw today again.
  5. TrailLeadr

RE: Chevrolet letters for tailgate

If you can provide any more info on that (such as the name), I'd be happy to search again and see what I can find for you. :)
  6. Virginia

Virginia New Member

Hi, I am trying to send you an attachment picture that I took of the tailgate of the truck that has the lettering. I am new to the site and have not figured out how to work all the buttons. Grin. I can't get it to load, if you would email me at affordablefabricplus@charter.net I would be happy to send you a picture link.
    Thank you so much for all your help.
  7. 84fiero123

84fiero123 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I post pictures on this site then just copy the link for forums.

http://www.imageshack.us/

Then it will just show a picture in your reply.

You can post anything for free and it is real easy to use, just download your picture using the browse button.
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Photos and attachments should be fixed and working better in the next few days. Sorry, can only do one thing at at time! :)
  9. TrailLeadr

No Pressure Steve. We appreciate all you're doing for us!
    And now, this is my 1000 post. it's time for bed!!

Seems that after the indexing, some of my posts fell off the board, and I'm no longer at 1000:frown:
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  10. rmreid

rmreid New Member

Autotrimdesign is a very good site and provides a lot of aftermarket decals to the Avalanche community.
    When I had my AV I bought a set of metallic domed letters for the CHEVROLET on the tailgate that I never had a problem with.

Here is a link: http://www.autotrimdesign.net/searc...//www.autotrimdesign.net&searchTerm=Avalanche