Chevy Badge fell off the back of my truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Captiva Sport Forum (Saturn Vue)' started by Camaro69car, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member

So, for once in my trucks life, I took it to a car wash and the badge falls off. So I stop by my local dealership thinking it will be no big deal to get a new one. After talking with the service guy for a minute, he proceeds to tell me it will be $30+ to get a new one.

My Response:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, a $17K vehicles badge cannot stay on through a car wash, and the warranty wont do anything?

Oh well, time to grab some fishing line and pull the rest of it off.

After 2 hours of peeling adhesive off my truck, it has successfully been de-badged, and I'm liking the look of it minus the 2 pinholes to line up the badge correctly.

I'm planning on getting the chevy badge that lights up and wire it to my 3rd brake light. Or getting a camouflage one to replace it.

To end my rant, Seriously GM? A simple badge cannot stay on through a car wash? And Over $30 to get something fixed because it was either not properly affixed or had poor quality adhesive applied to it? Come on now.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Got a pic of it off? Might look better as a Smooth look..
  3. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member

will do as soon as I get off work. Still gotta fill in the holes and do some dippin'. I will post up some progress pics as they come. I gotta wait until the weekend to start painting.

- - - Updated - - -

DBadge.jpg
    @Enkeiavalanche

What a D-Badge!