Chevy Bowtie

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Klutch Mclovin, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Klutch Mclovin

Klutch Mclovin Rockstar 100 Posts

I took my bowtie off to paint it to match my silverado, but when I went to put it back on it fell off and piece broke off. I was pissed. Is there a place to go get a new chevy bowtie other than dealership and ordering one online because I want to replace it this weekend.

2. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I doubt it to be honest man. I bought my Bowties painted gloss black already they are made by street scene they are very nice and shipping is fast too. I forgot what site i bought them from but it was hard to find them painted already and a pair came in a pack for like $75 or something.

3. Klutch Mclovin

I guess I can put the broken one on for a little bit. Where is a good place to order a stock bowtie? I can paint them myself.

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

5. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

x2 ebay has great prices i do allot of my buying from them and autoanything.com

6. Klutch Mclovin

I was thinking ebay as well, I was just wondering if I could go to a store and buy one so I could paint it this weekend.

7. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Use some 3m double sided mounting tape and it ain't coming off. Keep it.

8. Klutch Mclovin

There is a pretty big crack on it too. I am gonna have to replace it.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

I think I might just get a billet bow tie. How easy would it be to paint it?

9. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

They are very simple to paint and don't require much skill.

10. Klutch Mclovin

I was thinking they were, but I wasn't quite sure.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

If I just wrapped it in vinyl would it hide the crack down the middle?