1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Chevy Bowtie

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Klutch Mclovin, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Klutch Mclovin

Klutch Mclovin Rockstar 100 Posts

I took my bowtie off to paint it to match my silverado, but when I went to put it back on it fell off and piece broke off. I was pissed. Is there a place to go get a new chevy bowtie other than dealership and ordering one online because I want to replace it this weekend.

2. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I doubt it to be honest man. I bought my Bowties painted gloss black already they are made by street scene they are very nice and shipping is fast too. I forgot what site i bought them from but it was hard to find them painted already and a pair came in a pack for like $75 or something.

3. Klutch Mclovin

I guess I can put the broken one on for a little bit. Where is a good place to order a stock bowtie? I can paint them myself.

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

5. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

x2 ebay has great prices i do allot of my buying from them and autoanything.com

6. Klutch Mclovin

I was thinking ebay as well, I was just wondering if I could go to a store and buy one so I could paint it this weekend.

7. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Use some 3m double sided mounting tape and it ain't coming off. Keep it.

8. Klutch Mclovin

There is a pretty big crack on it too. I am gonna have to replace it.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

I think I might just get a billet bow tie. How easy would it be to paint it?

9. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

They are very simple to paint and don't require much skill.

10. Klutch Mclovin

I was thinking they were, but I wasn't quite sure.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

If I just wrapped it in vinyl would it hide the crack down the middle?