1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Chevy Camper Tops / Toppers / Canopies / Camper Shells

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by ChevyFan, Dec 23, 2008.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

We've had this discussion before, every region of the country has a different name for truck camper shells. Some places they're called Camper Tops. Some places just call them Toppers. Others call them Truck Canopies.

In any case, who's got one on their truck and what type are you sporting?

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

let's start this again. I can't find the OP on this.

3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have a LEER cap on my Silverado, it was $130.00 on craigslist. I re gelcoated it and painted it to match. Very nice top with sliding front and side windows, BUT the lock design is poor because in the winter time the locks freeze up and you cant even get them to turn. I have to keep baggies over them to keep them free.

4. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

I've got a Century Royal top, but I don't have to worry about the locks freezing up down here. :money: