Chevy Colorado Club website

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by ChevyFan, Jan 13, 2006.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Becuase we had to start over with this forum. Please feel free to jump back in and post away about your Chevy Colorado / GMC Canyon experience. :)
    Chevy Truck Parts
    Chevy Colorado parts

2. hotrodbob

hotrodbob New Member

Not sure if this is a good place for this, but I get a lot of wheel hop when I turn off the traction control. I hate the t/c operation

3. ChevyFan

Hi HRBob, I plan on re-organizing the forums a bit so they they be easier to post in. What type of wheel hop?

4. hotrodbob

hotrodbob New Member

Rear axle hop on hard excel without T/C on

5. ChevyFan

I have heard that this is an issue for some people.

What configuration do you have? Do you an '04? Do you have the General tires on it or do you have the Z71 Off Road package?

Also, some people think that it does more wheel hop around corners, is this what you find as well? Can you put a little bit of weight in the back to see if it goes away just from that?

6. hotrodbob

hotrodbob New Member

Yes Hop happens on corners, but major hop and bounce in straight line with enough power to spin tires.

I have a 4 cyl, 5 spd, LS crew cab. I just installed a 3 inch front and a 4 inch rear drop kit and worry about this bounce

7. ChevyFan

The general concensus is that it's a design flaw caused from the wheelbase, etc, etc, etc. Is your bed covered in the rear? Try adding a bit of weight to the back (I know, why should I?) ... see if it helps.

8. hotrodbob

hotrodbob New Member

Weight may help. No cover on the bed. I was thinking of my Drag racing roots and I'm gonna clamp the front of the springs and add a traction bar or slapper bar

9. ChevyFan

Traction bar will help, no doubt about that I think. When do you think this will occur? Let us know.

10. hotrodbob

hotrodbob New Member

It is something for the future. I have three other projects that I have to make progress on before I do this. The clamp will be the easiest change. The traction bar will take some serious review. Unless I do a simple slapper bar. This is still a street driver and a true traction bar is not ment to allow a lot of suspension travel. Although with the drop kit on the travel is very limited.

I will post what I do. One of the guys I work with has a auto trans model and he has not had the problem, but the trans makes a big difference on how these trucks launch.