1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chevy Colorado Engines

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by ProzacKid, Jan 22, 2006.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ProzacKid

ProzacKid New Member 100 Posts

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

What do you have? The i-4, the i-5?
  3. dvineyard

dvineyard New Member

I-5 engine mods

What kind of mods can be done to the I-5. Have done the throttle body and cold air intake. Haven't seen much else except for headers and exhaust. :roll:
  4. NokRado

NokRado New Member

Well Whats up to every one on the site finally a new colorado site......
    well where doing a lot of mods to my I-5 for the Dub SuperShow in San Diego In November...
    Which we will have MSD System,K&N Intake System,Superchager still in the making,Polish Radiator,Manifolds & Throttle Body & Pro-Flo EFI System And Cylinder Heads byEdelbrock still in the making Since Me And Our Company Are Very Good Friends With The Owner/CEO Of Edelbrock

I will Be The First Chevy Colorado With Edelbrock Items..
    Will Let Ever One Know Was The Items Are Here OK........
  5. doug

doug New Member

MR. NOK, TELL VIC WE 'RE ALL WAITING
  6. Bystrack2006

Bystrack2006 New Member

I have the 2006 Chevy colorado I4 with a intake. It moves me along just fine. The dealer ships are being ass's about me wanting to lower it and put a muffler on it.
  7. ChevyFan

Well, when you start to do mods, they're going to start to point to stuff in the warranty and how you may void sections of the warranty when you change stuff around.
  8. NONo443

NONo443 New Member

Re: I-5 engine mods

What are you talking about? There are a lot of mod's for the inline 5:

- A company called "Wheel 2 Wheel Power train" is has a supercharger (not available to the public, yet. They need some test vehicles. Google the name if you want more information).
    - RK Sport sells a supercharger kit (a bit steep in price, but it could be worth the shot).
    - "PCM 4 Less" can make a custom tune for your pickup, or a pre-made tune for your pickup.
    - If your good enough with Nitrous, you could make up a Dry system for your pickup (if you look hard enough, others have done this).

That all was just off the top of my head. I am sure if you look around, you will find a lot more than what I said.
  9. ChevyFan

RE: Re: I-5 engine mods

I think that over the past year or so a lot of companies have started making mods for these engines.
  10. SSgtJinx

SSgtJinx New Member

Calm down now!!! Colorado's haven't been out all that long. R&D takes alittle time to come out with proven modification. I would hold off as long as you can before jumping into any kinda big modification to such a new engine.