1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chevy Colorado Engines

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by ProzacKid, Jan 22, 2006.

1. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts

Very good advice!
  2. doug

doug New Member

I Called Edelbrock To Ask About A Header,intake Manifold,and Head The R&d Guy Told Me There Was Nothing In The Works For The I-5. What Is Up With That? Anybody Got A Line On This?
  3. Coloradical

Coloradical New Member

JTR already has a header for the I-5
  4. doug

doug New Member

yes ,but not for the 4x4
  5. thehkp7m13

thehkp7m13 New Member

A CHEVY mechanic said a vortec 5300 could fit in the bay, but GM just doesn't want to do it. Is that true?
  6. WestCoastColy

WestCoastColy New Member

7. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts

That's going to be a lot of engine for a little truck!
    I wouldn't complain though.:biggrin::biggrin:
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

... bumping this old thread....
  9. brucertl

brucertl New Member

I'm a new member to this forum and would like to ask a question about my wife's 2004 Colorado with an inline 5 (2 wheel drive automatic, z71 with 26,000 miles). She keeps getting the check engine light. We have taken it in to the dealer and they always give us a lame excuse. At first I figured she's simply not tightening the gas cap enough but I'm beginning to think it's something else now. We live in the Phoenix area so it has never been exposed to snow. I read somewhere where the Colorado has a chronic problem with the exhaust valve springs causing the check engine light to appear. Is that true? She's stopping at AutoZone on the way home work today to have them check the diagnostic code. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
  10. WestCoastColy

WestCoastColy New Member

Yes, the 3.5L is known to have valve and head issues. It occurs in a few trucks. GM has increased the valvetrain warranty on the heads and valves to 100,000 miles.Typical code is P0300 engine misfire.