Chevy Colorado Forum Roll Call!

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by ChevyFan, Nov 20, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

ROLL CALL for Chevy Colorado Truck Owners and Drivers!
    Hey, let's get a current roll call to see how many are on the site and active!

Let's go, let's hear from you if you've got (or had) a Chevy Colorado Truck (or same GM platform vehicle).
  2. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I just got back from an extended trip, towing my 2010 Colorado. It tows great, then when you stop you've a truck to sight see in.
  3. WestCoastColy

WestCoastColy New Member 100 Posts

I still got mine. Now with 169k miles :D
  4. marine59

marine59 New Member

I still have my 2005 colorado, @58000 mile,, my wife and i really love this truck, only hated item would be the seats, i think we will install seats from a hummer in it if we can find a set we can afford to purchase or maybe redoing the original seats we are from Frankfort Indiana
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

We've got a lot more on here, curious what the number is now.
  6. marine59

marine59 New Member

Colorado update !! 3/09/2013

it is now date 3/9/2013 and we still have our 2005 colorado, i have had to replace the window and door lock controls on drivers door WOW it was real expensive to purchase 189.00 from our local G.M. supplier the dealership wanted over 300.00 to purchase and install it was a 3 minute job I understand some of the 5cyl. engines have a valve problem truck runs rough thats the 1st. sign then a small coolant leak, i have @68000 mile now, i sure was hoping my truck would last longer than this, anyone reading this ,,, if you have had a problem with engine please share your experiance with us thank you all KEEP ON TRUCKING SEMPER-FI Ken
  7. Spad

Spad New Member

Bought my 2005 Colorado Z-71 4X4 Quad Cab in Sept 2012. Had 60,000 miles on it. Been in love with the truck ever since. Not a minutes trouble with it so far. Here's a pic from the dealership's website for the truck:

Truck.jpg
  8. marine59

marine59 New Member

sweet ride

that's a sweet ride but be careful the cops love to go after red , or so they say, the Colorado as far as I am concerned is a good dependable truck, we tow a 21 ft pop up camper to the race track and camping we load it down to just 100 pounds short of over weight. and the 5cyl and drive line do the job we ask of it I shift down on hills keep speed at 55 to 60, we get 18 to 22 mpg. when towing we get a popping 23 to 25 when not towing I change my oil every 4 months or 4000 mile using Valvoline 5w30 syn tech I have lucas synthetic in rear, I use lucas fuel cleaner, onle problem was door switch, and that turned out to be a power wire in the connector fot the window switch, I am looking for a wrecked 4 door that I can get the wiring harness a new one cost 100.00 and for a retired marine that's a lot of money, so now I cannot roll my window down, well I have chewed your ear off good luck with your truck ken ( marine 59 ) I was going to download more pictures but seems computersare not my strong suite lol have a super day
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  9. Bowtie_brain

Bowtie_brain New Member

I just inherited a 2005 crew cab Z71. We also own a 1997 Z71 1500 pickup. The Colo is a little under powered for the interstate and the hills of TN & NC, but I think we will like it OK. Is there a way to know if it has ever had any major repairs to the engine or otherwise? Nothing shows up on Autocheck, but that seems to stick with subjects determined by registration (and whether commercial or not).
  10. Smuuth

Smuuth New Member

I don't have one yet, but I'm interested in the 2015 MY to come.