Chevy Conversion Vans [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by ChevyFan, Mar 28, 2009.

Newest Photos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Just a thread to begin the overall discussion on Chevy Conversion Vans.

the more and more I look at these, the more I like them.
  2. ChevyFan

Reserved for 2nd post.
  3. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I had a '78 3/4 SWB van I "converted" myself. It was really a great vehicle for campingk, traveling, etc. The new conversion vans are really nice.
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

For a short time I had a 97 Chevy Regency conversion van, we bought it and shipped it to Italy when we transfered there. It was a great driving vehicle but was larger than almost everything on the road in Europe (even local delivery vehicles) and I had problems finding places to park it.
    While we owned it it made a great travel vehicle, we camped in it all across Europe. I traded it straight across to a local for a Ferrari.
  5. Dezzmo

Dezzmo New Member

It seems to me that these conversion vans are getting better and better each year. Every time I look at the new models that come out they appear to have bigger flat panel TV's, better seats, better interiors, etc...

For a while I was thinking about buying one to haul my bikes around. Of course I'd have to remove and sell the rear seats. On the downside, there's too much side glass for what I need.

But I hear that you can have one built exactly to your liking. Is this true?
  6. ChevyFan

I'd love to get a chance to review one on a road trip and do a review from the open road.

As it's getting more and more expensive to fly anywhere (and more of a hassle) I think these make perfect sense for the 1-day drive, which anyone in a metro area can agree with. If I were to fly to Austin or San Antonio from Dallas. I have to drive 40 minutes to get to the airport, check in and go through security (1 hour??), board and taxi then take-off. Fly there. Land and get off, get my luggage and a rental car ... it's just as easy to drive there with 1/2 the stress.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.