1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chevy Cruze is #1 selling car in America

Discussion in 'Chevy Cruze Forum' started by ChevyFan, Jul 11, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

WTG Chevy Cruze! I just read that the Chevrolet Cruze is the #1 selling car in the US for this month (and YTD I think). That's pretty impressive for a new model that was just relesed to market here. Of course there is something to be said for the huge loses that Japan is facing from the disaster over there, but the Cruze is still a great car.

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43642589/ns/business-autos/

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

(side note: They should join together Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra sales - they are typically greater than Ford F-series sales each year)
  2. mwatters

mwatters New Member

I think this news is indicative of the fact that consumers in the automobile market understand the need for more efficient vehicles and while the future may lie in electric vehicles, the technology is just not there yet to be a choice for most of us. That being said, a market that continues to show companies like GM they are interested in more efficient vehicles will hopefully only improve the choices on the market, and eventually move us to electric vehicles (or some other new technology).
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

The Chevy Cruze is a clear runaway winner and is outselling even the best estimates.
  4. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I'm not a huge fan of small cars, and I've never driven a Cruze, but I really like the looks of it and from what I've read about the Cruze, I gotta say that it's starting to grow on me lol. GM has a real winner on their hands with the Cruze :great:.
  5. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

According to 3 different mechanics at my dealership they have been having problems with the Cruze up here in Winnipeg, Canada.Could be because of our horrible roads or our cold climate as GM doesn't test their vehicles this far north.