1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chevy Duramax MPG - Diesel mpg?

Discussion in 'GM Diesel & DuraMax' started by freddie, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Magnum

Magnum New Member

I only have 12500 ml. on my 08, I get 14.7 round town.
  2. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That's sound right for the LMM.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Keep this thread going, great comments and insight guys.
  4. Magnum

Magnum New Member

Okay then it looks like keeping your foot out of it would be the best way to improve your mpg's. Lets make a list of the best ways to further improve mpg's.

1. Keep your foot out of it.
    2.?
  5. ChevyFan

2. Keep your vehicle maintained.
    3. Make sure your tires are at the proper pressure level
  6. Brews

Brews Rockstar

I have a stock 2001, and get 16-18 running around town, and 10-12 pulling the camper.
  7. angerymc

angerymc New Member

I have a 2004 duramax 4x4 4door 2500 which i use for a work truck but when im not pulling or hauling any thing i average 20mpg but on the highway i get 24mpg. i have not added any extras or tuned the motor. But i am looking at gettin a 2003 2500hd diesel for an every day driver any one got advice or suggestions?
  8. Chevyfuzz

Chevyfuzz New Member

I have a 2003 2500 HD 4x4 Crew w/Duramax 6.6 and average 13-15 mpg. The truck is stock with the exception of 265/75/R16 tires. The only variance I can think of is the high-rise topper over the bed. Pulling the 33' camper drops it to about 10-12 mpg.

This is my first diesel, but thanks to all the great info on this forum, I re-trained my right foot as soon as I bought the truck. I'm considering buying a tuner, but am very limited on cash. I've read all the previous posts on this thread, and others as well. I'm still not sure what a good tuner is for an entry-level novice who simply wants better fuel economy on his towing vehicle. The truck's not my everyday driver, so I can't justify an expensive unit. Any other low-cost ideas for fuel efficiency is also welcome!

I agree with a previous post asking to keep this thread going - I'm learning a ton...
  9. JeffsChevy

JeffsChevy New Member

I have a 2013 with the LML Duramax....I get 16 around town.....Hoping for better after a Air Ram Intake, Turbo downtube, and Exhaust upgrade.....well have to wait and see.
  10. ChevyFan

Anyone have any updates to this thread?