1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chevy Equinox Stereo Replacement

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Clementi, Apr 3, 2008.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Clementi

Clementi New Member

Hey, I'm putting a new stereo in my friend's 05 equinox and it's different from my Toyota. There are two wiring harnesses going into the stereo instead of the just one on my car. Rather than just mess around until I figure it out, I was wondering if you could tell me what each of them are.

[​IMG]

Thanks!
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  2. Rumpamuro

Rumpamuro New Member 100 Posts

every type of vehicle manufactuerer is different older toyotas used red as ground and black as power if you can figure that out. So first of all you need the wiring harness which you rbuddy has to decide if he wants to buy the cheap harness and keep the radio somewhere in the truck or spend more money and but the module, then from there its plug and play except for the switched power (ACC) you gotta tap into that wire, and run it somewhere where theres 12+ when the ignitions on and nothing when the keys off (fuse block ign2 usually works good).
  3. Clementi

Clementi New Member

I've been trying to wire it to the fuse box by either tapping into the wires behind it or pulling out the fuse and sticking the wire in it's place, but no luck. What is the "ign2" or do you know which fuse I should try?
  4. Black LT3

Black LT3 New Member

Just buy to right harness. Does it have the bose system or not
  5. Rumpamuro

Rumpamuro New Member 100 Posts

the fuse ign2 theres usually 3 ign fuses on the newer gms, ign 1,2,3 but grab a test light and test te power first cus one of them is ground usually ign 2 is always power
  6. Clementi

Clementi New Member

Thanks guys, I got the stereo working but two problems came up.

1. Long story short, I need a new male wiring plug for the hazard lights/ turn signals. It's the brown plug with 8 wires coming out of it. Anyone know a site I could find one?

2. The radio antenna wouldn't plug into the female plug on the Kenwood headunit, is there an adapter I need?

thanks