1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chevy Equinox - SUV, Crossover, Wagon? You make the call!

Discussion in 'Chevy Equinox Forum (GMC Terrain)' started by ChevyFan, Jan 21, 2006.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Is it more SUV, more car, more station wagon? Isn't it sort of in its own category with a few other crossover vehicles?
  2. ProzacKid

ProzacKid New Member

It's a crossover SUV, but it fits into the SUV category more than into the Auto or Wagon category.
  3. RaiderNOX

RaiderNOX New Member

All i have to say is I LOVE MY NOX!
  4. ChevyFan

very cool.
  5. Fetch

Fetch New Member

The Nox, I like that. Just bought one on Tuesday and am loving every minute behind the wheel.
  6. ChevyFan

Awesome. We're looking at buying a 2006 to replace the trailblazer.
  7. Kristof

Kristof New Member

Equinox is fantastic. The best car I've ever had.:glasses:
  8. domin8

domin8 New Member

Wife wanted an Equinox, but after driving one fell more in love with the Cobalt SS sedan. I however, just got to drive the 2008 Sport. What a different vehicle it is compared to the regular Equinox. I think I know what I'm replacing my 2006 Cobalt SS/SC with. That's why I'm here. I want to learn more about the Equinox before I buy one. Knowledge is power.
  9. ChevyFan

Crossover? SUV? Wagon? All of the above?
  10. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Active Member 1000 Posts

Like I said on another thread-the Equinox is fondly viewed-for an SUV- on MPG forums.It is rated 22/32 -4 cyl with 6 speed AT-which means it can deliver an honest 35 mpg at 65 mph-very good hy mpg for a 187" long vehicle.
    It is roughly equivalent to a 1960's mid sized SW- but it gets 2X the mpg with more head room-probably more leg room also.
    Charlie