1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chevy Express Forum Roll Call ~ Let's Hear From Van Owners!

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by ChevyFan, Nov 20, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

ROLL CALL for Chevy Express Owners and Drivers!
    Hey, let's get a current roll call to see how many are on the site and active!

Let's go, let's hear from you if you've got (or had) a Chevy Express (or same GM platform vehicle).

Please Post a picture
    in your album or attachment on your post as well! Thank you!
  2. foytix

foytix New Member

guess I'll be first, just got our 2k12 back in October.

I've got some torsion keys on the way and am going to install with 2in blocks and bilstein 5100's

I haven't decided on wheels yet, AR ATX Mojave or Thug..........

chevy van.jpg
    ChevyFan likes this.
  3. maurice7677

maurice7677 New Member

van5.jpg
    Got it about 6 months ago. Was about to get junked by a friend so I rescued it and love it now!
    ChevyFan likes this.
  4. foytix

foytix New Member

man, there sure aren't many express owner's on this site....oh well.....here's an updated pic.

I added the lift, some racks, and factory silverado off-road package wheels

van.jpg
  5. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider New Member

Looks good foytix! I have a 1995 Astro AWD with 3"lift & 29" tires.
    [​IMG]

Oh and here is my 2006 Express 2500... new to me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. vannooch

vannooch Rockstar

Here are a couple of my rig during family vacation time. She's one fine machine. Love Love Love it!!

Attached Files:

ChevyFan likes this.
  7. Kelmannen

Kelmannen Member

This is mine, a 2003 Explorer conversion Limited SE, got her some some new tyres and she grips like a rallycar :)
    WP_20131030_005.jpg WP_20131030_006.jpg WP_20131105_011.jpg WP_20131110_003.jpg
    ChevyFan likes this.
  8. Robstang

Robstang New Member

This is my new 1999 Chevy Express Mark 3 LX. Love It!

Just purchased this Van recently. Love it so far. Drove it to Florida and Back to N.Y. looking for tune up advice to improve gas mileage.

Attached Files:

ChevyFan likes this.
  9. vannooch

vannooch Rockstar

Fuel mileage isn't the best on these. I assume that you have a 5.7 in yours being a conversion. My 5.7 gets 14 around town if I am easy on it and about 18-19 on the highway. They are very sensitive to wind force, heading into the wind it will be less. We drove across Pennsylvania and used a half tank on about 280 miles. 0n the way back we had to stop and all in all used close to a whole tank. My 5.7 seems to be hard on distributor caps as well as rotors, keep an eye on them. Also had to change the fuel pump twice since my purchase in 2005. Hope this helps you out.

David
    ChevyFan likes this.
  10. Robstang

Robstang New Member

Thank you David, glad to find a forum for these vans. Yes it's a 5.7L with 86k miles. I have been reading in other GM forums (Tahoe and Silverdado sites) about changing to efans from a Mark8 Lincoln to save a bit on gas but have concerns of it not heating well in the winter and possibly having AC issues in the summer, which could be wiring setup issues. Not sure if it is worth the worries to do such a change. I would like to get the 2 speed version of this fan to alleviate in amp draw if anything. But was also wondering if the Accel Tune up kit ( http://www.autoanything.com/ignition-systems/61A6144A0A0.aspx )is the best way to go for these vans. Or are other brands any better? I'm leaning more towards the stock AC Delco's. I would also like to upgrade the interior seating to full leather seats in Tan. They're a bit pricey new, not sure if there is any doner vans available?

Robert
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
    ChevyFan likes this.