1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chevy Express Van Forum Member Site

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by ChevyFan, Oct 2, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Just curious how many members on here have Chevy Express vans (or GMC Savana) and what your history of them is?

How many have them for work, for play, or daily drivers, for something else?
  2. vannooch

vannooch Member

Love my Rig!

I have had my 2001 Savana 1500 SLT since 2005 as the second owner I've put 100k on it. I use it to haul my family around, haul my toys around and haul building materials and tools (I'm a carpenter by trade). I pull out all of the seats and put my 2005 Kawasaki Concours in the back, put my 16' canoe on top and pull my 26' HiLo behind it and enjoy America often.
  3. moogvo

moogvo Moderator 1000 Posts

I have had mine for 2 1/2 years. Mine is the "Family Truckster"...

[​IMG]
    ChevyFan likes this.
  4. tsbrewers

tsbrewers Member

Mine is an '06 3500, with the 6.0l. It is pretty much just a basic cargo van I use for work. I added power locks, factory cruise, and a different stereo so far. Beyond that, pretty much stock. Mine is an open diff, 3.73 gears and I average about 13-14mpg heavily loaded with tools so I am relatively happy with that.

[​IMG]

Brew
  5. papher51

papher51 New Member

2006 express 1500 used for work. It's a great truck. 4.3 V6
  6. Tokolosz

Tokolosz New Member

Mine is 1998 Express 2500 5,7 Coachman rebuild - it will be summer time, and Weekend car for whole family. It's in our family since 2 days :)

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
    ChevyFan likes this.
  7. powerhaulic

powerhaulic New Member

'08 AWD here
    20" Sierra wheels

Love it

About ready for a new one......... IMG_0380[1].jpg
  8. endneu913

endneu913 New Member

My 1500 Express AWD- Loved to death

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. CHEVYVANMAN

CHEVYVANMAN Member

I still got my old girl I bought new in 05.

It's been a good old girl, sure the back side door rusted shut but I never used it anyway.
    I got 4 buckets in it after I moved the bulkhead back.

I just painted it so she still looks new, I want to get some new headlights and tai lights but they don't make anything cool.

I got too put shocks on it and was thinking about using coil overs I carry a lot of weight. Still on the fence.
    ChevyFan likes this.
  10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Having a family of five now these are looking more practical for going on medium length road trips with a trailer in tow.