GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

chevy/gmc dash problems?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by TruckDog, Jan 19, 2014.

1. TruckDog

TruckDog New Member

Does anyone else have problems with dash gauges not working? First the speedo quit,several months later,tach died(stuck at 6000) 2weeks ago while driving to work,gas,oil,temp,alternater & odometer flat lined.Truck is running normal but would like to have my gauges back!!!
  2. the phantom

the phantom New Member

Welcome to the club TruckDog!!!. What year truck do you have. Their were issues with the 03-05 intrument clusters where poor quality stepper motors were used in the gauges. If you fall within these years they did have a recall on them but its probably too late to get it covered now. It was a 7 year or 70kmiles whichever occurred first and if over that the recall would not apply. Theyre are several people that do fix these that advertise. Im thinking I have seen people advertise to do it for like $50-$75. Ive seen advertisements on Ebay and craigslist for this service also. Good luck.
  3. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Member

Hello TruckDog,

I understand that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. I would be happy to look into this concern for you. Please private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Regards,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care