1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

chevy headlight chenge

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by grizzly50086, Feb 2, 2010.

1. grizzly50086

grizzly50086 New Member

i have a 1994 chevy 1500 with the single square headlights, can i swap the grille and get the 2 slot lights with out having to mess with the wires?
  2. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

As far as I know, nope. You will have to get the plugs for the new lights, cut off the old plugs and wire in the new plugs.
  3. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

WHY?!

Enjoy what sets you apart from 'those guys'. Sure, there isn't any cool aftermarket, off the shelf stuff to put on the w/t grill, but that allows you to use your imagination to dress it up.

The rad. support is the same; you'll need new lights, buckets, harnesses, and grill. Try a salvage yard for better prices, but there are conversion kits out there. If you just want to make the lights work better, there are conversions (hid?) for the sealed beam lights. Try Hella and Pilot for starters.

Welcome to the site, and good luck!
  4. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Actually, there are some cool aftermarket old square sealed lights for your truck. I had a set of ones for my old sonoma that were blacked out inside of the light (from the factory), looked really cool, i know they still have them at oreillys. Also there are HID square lights available and stylinconcepts have those