Chevy Impala Facts

Discussion in 'Chevy Impala Forum' started by ChevyFan, Nov 27, 2006.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I did some checking on the Chevy Impala, here's what I found out.

The Impala has been built by Chevy during these years:
    1958–1985
    1994–1996
    2000–present

It's built in Arlington, Texas ... about 2 miles from where I am sitting right now.

It took over the Chevy Lumina spot, so in fact sales for both vehicles have been folded into this model since 2000.

2006 - 6th Generation
    The 2006 Impala is essentially the sixth generation of Impala. It's on the GM W platform. It really does have more of a family sedan look and a lot of long-time Impala fans wanted a more agressive look. Nonetheless, it's selling.

[​IMG]

2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Big change over all from the '78 Impala I owned as my first car. I used to get a kick out of flying down the highway in it, and people would just pull over out of the high speed lane, thinking it was a police car.

3. ChevyFan

Well, there is a Police version of the new Impala too.

[​IMG]

4. johnnybubu

johnnybubu New Member

Steve, that picture on top looks exactly like my 06 Impala 2LT mine has the sunroof tho, looks like the only difference. My wife loves it, and can't wait to get her windows tinted. Oh, one more little fact, when the Impala first showed up in 1958, it was actually a package available on the Bel-air

5. ChevyFan

Ok, so the '58 Impala was actually a Bal-air. I think I read that, and it sold well so they get it its own model?

6. ChevyFan

When you said that, and first I thought you were talking about the Police Cruizer! :)

7. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I had: '59; 62; 63; 66; 2000. My folks had: '62; '67; '69. My brother had a 1960 Convertible. All were great cars and some were pretty fast, too!