1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Chevy Impala

Discussion in 'Chevy Impala Forum' started by ChevyFan, Nov 18, 2006.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

To be honest, I don't see too many Impalas going down the road. Does anyone know how many are sold thesedays?

2. johnnybubu

johnnybubu New Member

I Read somewhere that they are now the best selling domestic sedan, someone correct me if I am wrong, not even sure where I heard that (lol). I just bought an 06 Impala 2LT for my wife, and we love it. Anyone know of reccomended mods or upgrades? Not sure she will let me start wrenchin on it for a while...lol

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Really? I have not heard that, but I can get some information off the GM press website sometime in the near future and will pass it along.

How you like it?

4. kknobl

kknobl New Member

I've also heard that the Impala is one of the best selling domestic mid-sizers on the market.

The Impala rides really nicely, feels well-constructed to a point where it belies the fact that its platform is getting close to 20 years old.

I've driven both the 3.5 powered versions as well as the 3.9 powered versions (work for a rental car company) and both do very well, although I'm partial to the 3.9. The Impalas are hands down my favorite cars to drive.

Kevin

5. johnnybubu

johnnybubu New Member

We love ours, I am considering buying a slightly used monte to drive back and forth to work, with gas prices so high and almost 170,000 miles on the ole tahoe

6. Chevy Girl

Chevy Girl Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

To get around town, I've been thinking of getting a mid-sized car, and the Impala has actually been on my short list. It's the right size, gets decent gas mileage, has power for the hills and mountains, and it looks pretty good.

7. henrys021500hd

henrys021500hd Rockstar

There selling a lot around the Ottawa, Ontario area, some days I see 3 or 4 around me as I am driving. Henry 01 LS

8. ChevyFan

Yeah, the redesign of the Impala is very impressive. I've actually noticed them going around town lately. I guess i'm so much into trucks these days (or my little commuter car!) that I didn't pay attention to the Impala.

9. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

You are what you drive, also means you notice what you drive, or at least you see more of them.

We had an intern here a couple of years ago who had an 02 and she loved it. Other than the things she had to fix.

It did have a wheel bearing go out at about 60k miles, and a fan controller.

Remember when those little things were under the hood in the AC shroud. Well it wasn’t in that one, it was under the dash, and a circuit board now.

They are popular around here, front wheel drive full size cars with lots of balls and traction control.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  10. Canada

Canada New Member

We LOVE our SS. 19 mpg isn't bad for a 303 hp near 2 ton car.