Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Chevy model series question ?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by JTWard, Feb 26, 2014.

1. JTWard

JTWard Member 1 Year Gold Member 100 Posts

When was the last year that Chevrolet offered the "Camper Special" option ? :happy:

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

from what I could find quickly searching around the web, the camper special option was available in all fleetside k20's and k30's, so I would guess 1973-1987. I could be completely wrong. But, I did find on multiple sites that the option was on the k20 and k30.

3. JTWard

JTWard Member 1 Year Gold Member 100 Posts

I have a 1990 Silverado fleet-side and it does have three pages that discuss how you need to weight the truck after installing a slide- in camper in the bed ? So I assume that the C1500 always has the capacity to be a "Camper equipped" vehicle. And there is a label inside the glove box stating the Camper weight & center of gravity and weight limits ?

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have no idea!! :neutral: I just looked around for the camper special option

5. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

I'm not 100% positive on the year range, but I know they offered the camper special on the r/v series suburbans too. Essentially a tow package and heavier duty springs (more leafs)