1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chevy owner with some grit

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by summitwhite11, Feb 8, 2014.

1. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member

Original owner of a fine 1957 chevy with low miles, here is the kicker, she bought it new, still drives it, and has never bought another car because it does not need replaced. looks show room new, well, watch the vid, she will tell you how to care for your vehicle. http://biggeekdad.com/2014/01/57-chevy-original-owner/
  2. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts

Great video thanks for sharing..
  3. BRB46

BRB46 Member

Wow, cool car. Well taken care of for sure.
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

wow. she changes the oil every 1,000 miles. I would be changing my oil at least once a month.
  5. BRB46

BRB46 Member

That seems like a lot but it is probably once a year. Most of us drive 1000 miles every few weeks. I think she said it only had 116,000 on it in 53 yrs.
  6. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member

This is true, her yearly average would be like 2100 miles per year, or two oil changes in a year, making a total of 106 oil changes in 116 thousand miles @ every thousand miles or less as she said, I can only wish my truck would be worth 15 times what I paid for it in 53 years, lol. I bet she can make a mean peanut butter cookie to boot.
  7. wackoaboutgm

wackoaboutgm New Member

VERY nice!!!! Thanks for the video.
  8. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 New Member

"I was born during the great depression, and we learned to take care of things" lol. I love that. Not many people do nowadays.
  9. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

This is too true. These days, we definitely live in the "just buy another one" era.