1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chevy References in Music

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Big_Mike, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Big_Mike

Big_Mike New Member

Anyone ever notice how much Chevy is alluded to in music? For example Blake Shelton's song "Sure Be Cool if You Did" or Luke Bryan's "Chevrolet" ? Or Taylor Swift's "Tim McGraw". How about Florida Georgia Line's "Cruise"? Don McLean's "American Pie". The list goes on of references. Just wondered if anyone else had noticed this as well.
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

Its because Chevrolet is America's brand and a huge part of our culture :smile: Hot dogs, Baseball, apple pie, and Chevrolet!
  3. AMac

AMac New Member ROTM Winner

yep, I started a thread for members to post lyrics of songs where Chevy is mentioned. My fav. song to play when I buy a new Chevy is Brad Paisley's "Mud on the Tires"

I've got some big news
    The bank finally came through
    And I'm holdin' the keys to a brand new Chevrolet
    :great:
  4. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Plenty of songs mention Chevy. Plenty of songs mention Ford as well. I can't recall any songs that mention Dodge though....like anyone would want to, am I right?
  5. Big_Mike

Big_Mike New Member

Thanks for the replies! AMac, I'll have to check that thread out and that song. And I like about all vehicles (even Dodges). To be honest, all of 'em show their "dark side" some time or another. Especially when they have gremlins and then the vehicle has problems. At times, in my opinion, vehicles are a necessary evil. LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

I just remembered the music video to Lee Brice's "I Drive Your Truck" has a Ford in it. Although this is a Chevy site and me giving the Blue Oval Brand praise is rather sacrilegious, it's a great song. Hopefully my access to this website won't be revoked! Ha, lol.