Chevy Silverado Black Ops Video Walkaround ~ What do you think?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by ChevyFan, Oct 1, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Got a chance to look at the new Chevy Silverado Black Ops truck that will be shown in more detail at SEMA next month, but it got it's first reveal at the biggest car show in the world, the State Fair of Texas. That's right, over 3-million people come to this fair and a large number of them go through the automotive area to see what's out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0J3pVEZUCw

2013-SEMA-Chevrolet-Silverado-BlackOps-001-medium.jpg 2013-SEMA-Chevrolet-Silverado-BlackOps-002-medium.jpg 2013-SEMA-Chevrolet-Silverado-BlackOps-003-medium.jpg

Here's a blurb from GM's press release on this truck.

The sinister-looking concept is based on the Silverado Crew Cab 4x4, building on its strength, performance and safety with features designed to turn the wasteland into an oasis, including custom-fabricated lower body armor and a lockable, bed-mounted Truck Vault storage unit. It holds a solar power pack, a pair of gas masks, gloves, military First Aid Kit, folding shovel and rope.

A generator, fuel can and water can are mounted atop the storage unit, as well as a crate stocked with food. The Silverado’s available CornerStep bumper makes it easier to reach into the bed to retrieve the survival gear, while the available locking tailgate with EZ-Lift-and Lower feature enables easier operation. An internal torsion bar reduces the effort to raise and lower it while a rotary damper allows for a controlled and more gradual lowering motion.

A powerful, front-mounted winch can help the Silverado Black Ops in most any catastrophe-induced predicament, while a custom cover around the winch has a bright, light-emitting diode, or LED, spot light and integrated tow hooks. The truck also has a raised suspension that provides extra ground clearance. Additional exterior concept equipment includes custom bed rails and a light bridge – equipped with forward- and rearward-facing light bars, Chevrolet Accessories bolt-on fender flares and four-inch tubular assist steps, and off-road tires mounted on custom-painted versions of the production Z71 18-inch wheels.

Inside, custom-trimmed black seats with yellow piping are complemented by additional yellow trim throughout the cabin, designed to be a comfortable and well-connected environment. It includes Silverado’s MyLink system with available navigation – displayed on an eight-inch color touch screen. Standard USB and other accessory inputs make it easy to upload favorite songs from a smartphone or other media source.

New, triple-sealed doors that are inlaid in the body sides and improved aerodynamics contribute to a quieter driving experience in the 2014 Silverado.
    As with all 2014 Silverado 1500 models, a fully boxed, hydroformed frame is the foundation for the Black Op concept’s strength and capability, with the main rails and major cross members formed from high-strength steel, providing a rigid base for maximum hauling capability.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

They should've let people test drive that!!

3. ChevyFan

If I were to beg GM, they might let me get inside of it and maybe even fire it up. They had it out for display on the media day, but I missed it as I was having some camera problems. :-(

4. ChevyFan

This video is blowing up, what's everyone think about the package?

5. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I stand correct about what I said about the pic lol. I really like it! That winch is HUGE

6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Wheel wells are too squire Need to be bigger, Where it says No Step on the side? Would be nice if that folded down and you COULD step on it to get something out of a tool box in the back.. Other then that it LOOKS nice BUT will it Perform like a Real off Road Truck?? Knowing GM NO!!!!