1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chevy Silverado Forum ~ Anyone know of a specific silverado forum?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by kylegillean, Apr 7, 2010.

1. kylegillean

kylegillean Former Member

My buddy had a ford bronco and loves the site fullsizebronco .com. It got voted one of the best 4x4 forums. It specializes in only broncos and has so many guides and how tos. Its awesome. I'm just wondering if someone knows of a silverado forum like that because I'm looking for another forum to join besides this one. I want a more specific forum to my truck.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2012
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Have you tried looking on Google? Well, it's kinda hard to search for a new Silverado Forum when "Silverado Forum" shows GMTruckClub.com as the #1 listing on Google. :party:

I think there are probably Silverado-specific forums out there, I'm not aware of any that are very large though, they may be out there though. I'm sure they would love you have you as well.

What are you looking for specifically? Just more activity inside the Chevy Silverado / GMC Sierra section of this site? You mentioned tos and write-ups, on what topics? I take it that you're a young buck that wants to feed off of the knowledge and experience that the older and wiser members can offer.

Anyhow, I believe that 70% or more of the traffic to this site is Silverado related, but I'm interested in your input on how to make the site better for Silverado owners and all Chevy truck and suv owners as well. Remember this is river, not a building. It changes everday and over time can change course. Plus you can pull trout out of it as well.

(edit: I don't like other site's URLs being posted on here becuase if gives them points in the search engines based on the reputation that this site has built for over 5 years now)
  3. ChevyFan

This type of thread still makes me smile. :)
  4. MNHunter505

MNHunter505 New Member

Good thread!
    I am a silverado owner that came to this site for silverado talk. So far so good. Trying to see what others are buying for leveling kits. got a 2007 (new body style). Not sure if I want the 2in or 1.5in. I will be towing once in a while so I don't want to have an ass end down look after doing the leveling kit. So I guess that is one of my questions...will the leveling kit level it out but once I tow, it will drop the rear end lower than the front. (not towing too much, just a small trailer with a full size ATV on it.
  5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Readylift makes a great kit and has a good reputation. I used the 2 1/4" and it leveled out my truck perfectly. It also comes without the bottom shock attachments, thus providing a 1 3/4" lift, which will probably still have a minute amount of front end dip but should suit your needs better for towing.
  6. conroe

conroe New Member

Yes this a great site. But its just to large. I have dial up (dont laugh) It takes forever just to get on. To much frills. Jerry
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You poor soul. I feel very bad for you being forced to use dial-up ... in a broadband world. :(
  8. mfleetwood

Jerry, you might want to try a different browser to help speed things up. Even with broadband, when I was using Explorer, it took quite long for the pages to load. I now use google chrome and it is much faster. I've also heard of others having success with firefox. Additionally, double check your forum user settings (path = settings > general settings (on left side) > thread display options > and then select "5 posts per page." Reducing posts per page will also reduce the time it takes for the pages to load. We have another member that only has access via dial-up and he is able to get things moving pretty quickly....relatively speaking.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  9. ChevyFan

Oh, you're the one! I saw that in the logs and wondered who still had dial-up.
  10. mfleetwood

The other one is/was stephan...I'm still amazed at how many posts he got in using dial-up.