Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Chevy Silverado Keyless Entry Remote Programming

Discussion in 'Chevy Keyless Entry Remotes' started by ChevyFan, Aug 12, 2007.

1. shadowt_t

shadowt_t Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

This vehicle requires special equipment be connected to the vehicle to program the keyless remote

2. shadowt_t

shadowt_t Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

if u want to know if u truck can start by using remote open the hood and see the lock of the hood is there cable connected with it or not if there is small cable thats mean ur truck can start by remote ihope that will helping u
    [​IMG]

3. Joethepoolguy

Joethepoolguy Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Thank you. No wire. Any info on the part number on a key fob?

4. express conversion

express conversion New Member

how do you program the fob on a 2000 chevy express 1500

5. Joshua714

Joshua714 New Member

Having problem completing keyless remote programming

Hi Steve,

While trying to program a new keyless remote on a 03 Silverado 2500HD everything did as it should up to step 5, but at step 6 the remote is not able to program & does not program to the truck. It is a new remote from a Chevy dealer. Do I have a defective remote? or something wrong on the truck?

6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

We really need a thread made for each make/model that GM carries with programming instructions. This would be great for the new wiki that's planned actually.

7. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I know this is an old thread, so hopefully this post doesn't go unnoticed...

I'm having the exact issue that Joshua714 is having above. Everything works up to step 6 when I press and hold the buttons on the remote...nothing happens. Any thoughts?