1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chevy Silverado Stereo Replacement

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by ChevyFan, Jul 10, 2009.

1. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

the factory one that you ccan buy to fill that CD slot has a thin felt lining on it so stuff wont rattle in there, I think i just ordered mine from the dealership, it was pretty cheap I know that.

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

As for your engine whine in the radio, being that it is factory and that your truck is pretty old, you most likely have an exposed wire somewhere. It doesnt have to be an actual radio wire either, it could be one of the battery wires under the hood as well. And no there is no radio at all other then a factory one to go up by the intrument panel on your truck. really your only option is to get the kit to mount it under the A/C vents and then order the little cubby/shelf that can go were teh radio controls currently are.
  2. csltrains96

csltrains96 Rockstar 100 Posts

Crawdaddy and vncj96 - thanks for your input. One can always hope that something better will come along and fit in that spot. The factory radio for those years just doesn't do much for me these days. I don't have a huge cassette collection anymore thanks to CDs and MP3s, and that setup just isn't aftermarket friendly.

Thanks again
  3. elee33

elee33 New Member

hope you can find a hook up for 99-02 silverado's since im looking for a dd head unit although it is a lot of work to put in a dd in an 02 (ps, we still have the 1.5 din)
  4. prime time

prime time New Member

ditto on the 1.5
  5. tigersdl65

tigersdl65 Rockstar 100 Posts

Either that or you can leave it there. My 96 just has 2 cd players, but the stock one isnt connected.