Chevy Suburban rules the road! [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by ChevyFan, Nov 18, 2006.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Pound for pound, the Chevy Suburban is the best large SUV for my money! :) Who's with me?

2. brownbomb

brownbomb Rockstar

3. ChevyFan

Well, I am preaching to the choir I guess. :)

4. sidedrifter

sidedrifter New Member

We love ours its our second Burb

5. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I would say..
    All of us

6. ChevyFan

I remember when I was a kid. We went to a football game and the family jumped into the Suburban, my dad was driving.

As we were leaving the parking lot we came to a point where two aisles merged into a Y for the exit. It was our turn, but some guy in a little honda or something tried to cut in front of us. My dad hit the gas and shot forwad into the opening, and the guy had to back down. My mom asked why he did that, to which my dad replied, "becuase my vehicle is bigger than his!". I still remember that, lol.

7. curtolson

curtolson Member

Size is safety!!! The bigger the truck the bigger the engine requirements. If a big truck had a small engine people complain it's too slow. If a big truck has a big engine they complain about the fuel cost. The Asian market believe in efficience & economical Discipline. They only created a v8 for the American market. Leave the Huge truck production to Chevy,GMC,Ford we know how to make big huge pistons that suck gas and produce massive torque. The Asain people just don't think the way we do. Stay huge keep your family safe;Purchase at a super value because many others think the Asians do it better and chose to drive a tin can for MPG issues and neglect safety
    issues. Americans think big so go HUGE. Suburban is an incredible value. A guy say my 454 must have bad gas mileage . I asked what is hybrid car payment is??? He told me I informed him mine is 0 but yes I pay for safety at the pump. When I park next to him he sould feel intimidated.
    Value heck yea.

8. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

bump

Loving mine. Drove a friend to the airport yesterday. 7 people and a ton of luggage. They were amazed. Their Honda is nice, but it aint a burb!

9. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

RE: bump

I say that all the time. :lol:

It drives my wife crazy, because she'd rather I had something for fuel efficient, but she won't give me grief about it, since I've invested money into it's upkeep that we wouldn't be able to get back with the gas prices the way they are now. So I get to keep my 'burban WITHOUT any complaints from her. Besides she likes it too.

10. esponet

esponet Rockstar

RE: bump

haha one day i was driving with my kid, and we ran over a metal cover on the road (the ones used to cover trenches while they work on the roads) it made a loud thump, haha my kid then says, "dad did you run over a car?"