1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chevy Suburban with GMC grille

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Manta22, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I saw one of these the other day at my church. I took a pic of it and will try to post it later. It was definitely not aftermarket. Looked pretty cool

- - - Updated - - -
    1229131058.jpg 1229131058.jpg
    View attachment 57553

here it is
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

No longer working Mike
  3. Pikey

What the heck. It looked fine last night. It said to contact an administrator. I guess that I will have to ask @Steve what is up with it, it is beyond me as a moderator. This is like the third time in a week that I posted a pic and it turned into some weird attachment that ends up dead. like below is now turning into a link rather than a pic. when I click it the link is dead, but when I edit the post the picture shows up. I think that I fixed the pic in the post 2 above this one.

View attachment 57566
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  4. Manta22

Manta22 New Member

Found a pic. It looks like it came from down south, but the ones I have seen locally have CO plates.
    suburban-94-tipo-sle-2500-ao-1994-90000-km-en-mercadolibre_c99ec.jpg

I saw one today, but it was going the opposite direction on the interstate.
  5. Pikey

I was looking around the web for this because I was really interested in learning about it. From what I can find they only came on trucks made in Mexico with an export designation for the Mexican Domestic market. They were never sold new in the USA like that. From what I could find, the aftermarket companies called them a "Cat eye grill". I guess that they are pretty hard to come by. I could not find anyone manufacturing them anymore. I found a pic of one of the conversions online.

2qlycko.jpg

I guess they do a lot of things for the Mexican market that never gets sold new here. While looking I found this, it is a 2004 Suburban with what looks to be an Avalanche or newer Silverado front end.

CHEVROLET-Suburban-2004-67618-422419.jpg