1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chevy tahoe 96 2 door roof rack?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Bamaboy_73, Jan 5, 2014.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Bamaboy_73

Bamaboy_73 New Member

Im thinking about getting a roof rack for my truck. does it decrease mpg? whats the cheapest I can get one? I was also thinking getting a spare tire swing arm ( like blazer or bronco) do yall think it would be a good Idea???
  2. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 100 Posts

The roof rack wont effect MPG enough for you to notice it, the tire swing arm, if you like it, get it. I dont like them as I like a cleaner look, but they have an upside, if you have issues with flats, it is simple to get to the spare, and there is the issue of needing a cover for the tire to maintain, again, its what you like.
  3. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 100 Posts

You will have to reinforce the body structure for the swing arm. One of my regulars at the tire shop installed one on his Tahoe and in eventually ended up pulling out the sheet metal to the point of ripping it.
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Valley used to make a tire holder that was on the rear bumper of the Tahoes there are a few others that are well over built that will work also look in Four Wheeler mag for those.. I had a 95 Tahoe Sport Loved that truck..