1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chevy to Offer High-End Pickup for 2014

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Enkeiavalanche, May 17, 2013.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

What do Ya think? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    By: Restyling News
    Thursday, May 16, 2013

Chevrolet aims to compete with luxry Ford and Ram pickups with the release of the 2014 Silverado High Country this fall, according to General Motors.
    The Western-themed High Country will join the LTZ and Z71 Chevy models in the company’s 2014 Silverado lineup.

The new pickup features a unique chrome grille with horizontal chrome bars, halogen projector headlamps, and body-color front and rear bumpers. The High Country also has chrome wheels, side panel moldings, door handles and mirrors, according to the automaker.
    Other features include saddle brown interior, heated and cooled seats, High Country logos on the headrests, Chevrolet MyLink connectivity with an 8-inch touch screen, Bose premium audio and park assist.

GM marketers said the High Country would cost more than $40,000, but less than the GMC Sierra 1500 Denali, which starts at $47,425. By comparison, the Ford F-Series King Ranch starts at $43,805, according to the Detroit Free Press. The new model will go on sale during the fourth quarter, according to Chevy.
    Trucks in the high-end segment can easily top $60,000 when packed with all possible options. Full-sized pickups generate $8,000-$10,000 in profit for automakers, and the Silverado High Country could exceed that, the Detroit Free Press reported.
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yawn -- another appearance package.
  3. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Still don't understand why chrome is the universally accepted "high end luxury" option.....
    "but it's so shiny!"
    chrome makes me sick... No offense to chrome lovers.
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

A Black Edition would be nice.....
  5. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

Yeah... I'd rather have a high output 6.2 engine option... :)))
  6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

gm needs to put out a new SS silverado, reg cab long bed, 6 speed and the 6.2.....

Alex
  7. zippstripp

zippstripp Member 1 Year

How about a RS/SS 502cu. in. version. RAH!!!!!
  8. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

The engineers or the powers that be need to stop being reactive and start to be the standard that the other 3 look up to. Dodge thought out side the box back in the early 90's with the big difference in styling. F!@d made a splash with its Super Duty line. It's been a while since GM has made a splash for anything other than the bail out. They have all these big motors in the GM Performance catalog. Put one in a vehicle. How about a zz572 all wheel drive silverado/sierra!!!
  9. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

$60,000 for a 1/2 ton truck-
    a truck that should cost $28000 or so-selling for $60,000??
    Well one born ever minute
    But folks buy LUX cars-so why not??
    Not for me- not while I can buy a 2004 100,000 mile Suburban for $10,000 or so-$45,000 truck for $10,000 is my speed.
  10. Bowtied

Bowtied Rockstar 100 Posts

i hear you though, they need to put the 04 grill on the 08 body. until then, the 04 body style trucks (still) have the best looking front end of any truck on the road in my opinion.

[​IMG]