Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Chevy Traverse AWD win! All Wheel Drive is impressive.

Discussion in 'Chevy Traverse Forum (GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave)' started by ChevyFan, Dec 6, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Just passed a 2wd Ford Explorer that spun out and hit a Mitsubishi that had also spun out.

The Explorer was on the same sheet of ice as me. My awd and traction control launched me just fine.

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Just tried doing donuts . . Had to turn traction control off.

Wow. This is even better in snow and ice than my old cj5.

3. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

hold down the traction control button for about 10 seconds, try drifting without stabilitrak and traction control.

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I keep having to remember to turn off the traction control, this ice makes the truck drive stupid with it on.

5. ChevyFan

I didn't know that. Hmm didn't do anything but it sounded like a clunk under the vehicle. I've got a screaming 2 year old so I can't hear anything.

6. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

sounds like your posting and driving..:rules: Illegal here in NY.. They call it DWD driving while distracted. Under this law they can ticket you for texting, talking on phone, eating, smoking, choking your kids, yelling at the wife, and probably even singing to the radio.. I know that I use to be able to eat chicken nuggets, dunk them in my sauce, drive with my knee and still shift gears since it was a standard. Well lets just say age has not allowed that type of gracefullness any more.:lol:

7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

while you all have ice and snow and cold, it was a balmy 80 degrees here in Virginia.

was putting up christmas lights in shorts and t shirt, and decorating the tree with the A/C on. :p

Alex

8. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

:sign0023::sign0023::grrrrrr:

9. ChevyFan

We were stopped. Accident in front of us.

10. ChevyFan

Ok. Just looked it up. There is no function to disable the stabilitrak. Short of pulling a fuse.