Chevy Traverse Tire Size

Discussion in 'Chevy Traverse Forum (GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave)' started by ChevyFan, Dec 6, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Looks like I'm going to need some new tires on the Traverse in the next few weeks.

All the way around the tires are P245/70R17 108S, and that's the same size tire that I'm going to keep. Just looking around for a deal on a good all-weather radial tire, anyone have any suggestions?

2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

As with all tires you will get 1 million different views. I like Cooper tires and their discoverer AT3 (all terrain tires but they also have the HT and CTS line for more highway style) was getting great reviews when I was shopping around. They run about $145 each through discount/Americas tire co. Most their tires are made in the US (not positive on these as I know some tire lines are made in Chiner)

3. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I ran a set of those very tires ds, they are excellent truck tires,awesome tire, funny and sadly true story , I began having flats out the whazoo on them, had a couple replaced for steel rods in the side walls, at one point the tire guy refused to patch a tire as it had 32 patch's on just the one tire, prolly over 50 on the six tires i went thur in a few months, I was always stranded changing a flat tire both day and night, pissed is an understatment, turned out the county commisioner had purchased some road gravel at a discount price, I had 2.4 miles of gravel road to my place, he purchased it on the cheap from the railroad, this rock was full of welding rods, metal pieces,etc. a neighbor informed me and the county paid for my tires but I didnt buy new ones, we had a road grader and a magnet crew on the road for a solid week working the gravel, and had flats for months, he wound up having to remove the rock and bring in more clean rock, true story no kidding. It was a nightmare. Needless to say, I ran with used tires for a few months.

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wow. That sounds like a qc problem to me.

5. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

I've found that you can't go wrong with Nitto or Falken

6. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Wow I laugh only because it didn't happen to me, but that definitely would suck.