1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chevy Traverse Tire Size

Discussion in 'Chevy Traverse Forum (GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave)' started by ChevyFan, Dec 6, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Looks like I'm going to need some new tires on the Traverse in the next few weeks.

All the way around the tires are P245/70R17 108S, and that's the same size tire that I'm going to keep. Just looking around for a deal on a good all-weather radial tire, anyone have any suggestions?
  2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

As with all tires you will get 1 million different views. I like Cooper tires and their discoverer AT3 (all terrain tires but they also have the HT and CTS line for more highway style) was getting great reviews when I was shopping around. They run about $145 each through discount/Americas tire co. Most their tires are made in the US (not positive on these as I know some tire lines are made in Chiner)
  3. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I ran a set of those very tires ds, they are excellent truck tires,awesome tire, funny and sadly true story , I began having flats out the whazoo on them, had a couple replaced for steel rods in the side walls, at one point the tire guy refused to patch a tire as it had 32 patch's on just the one tire, prolly over 50 on the six tires i went thur in a few months, I was always stranded changing a flat tire both day and night, pissed is an understatment, turned out the county commisioner had purchased some road gravel at a discount price, I had 2.4 miles of gravel road to my place, he purchased it on the cheap from the railroad, this rock was full of welding rods, metal pieces,etc. a neighbor informed me and the county paid for my tires but I didnt buy new ones, we had a road grader and a magnet crew on the road for a solid week working the gravel, and had flats for months, he wound up having to remove the rock and bring in more clean rock, true story no kidding. It was a nightmare. Needless to say, I ran with used tires for a few months.
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wow. That sounds like a qc problem to me.
  5. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

I've found that you can't go wrong with Nitto or Falken
  6. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Wow I laugh only because it didn't happen to me, but that definitely would suck.