1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chevy Truck Noob...

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by coolbluechevy, May 10, 2010.

1. coolbluechevy

coolbluechevy New Member

Hello All-

I Bought a new 09 Silverado Saturday, 4.8 LS.

I am only doing two mods: K&N Panel Filter and a muffler swap; the question is, "what muffler?"

My previous vehicle was an '04 GTO with intake, mids, CB, tune...I had a FM CB...I don't know if I want a FM on the Silverado though.

I am keeping Single In and Single Out, that being said...no glasspacks or straight pipe, I don't want a choppy or popping sound, so...

Corsa?

Bassani?

Magnaflow?

Other?

Thank you for any thoughts or opinions offered!
  2. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

:sign0016: Glad to have you aboard.
  3. coolbluechevy

coolbluechevy New Member

thank you again, do you have any thoughts/opinions on my muffler question?
  4. coolbluechevy

coolbluechevy New Member

I went with a flowmaster, dumped at the axle; rumbles nicely with no chop or pop!
  5. chucknorris

chucknorris Rockstar 100 Posts

im also getting a flowmaster for my 09, altho its a 5.3 so it may sound differnt, but what series did u go with? 10?40? what does your sound like...low and deep, loud an throaty? im trying to decide what i wana go with..
    thanks
  6. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site! :glasses: Congrats on the new truck!
  7. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Im a die-hard straight pipes man but if I had to get a muffler, id slap on a Flowmaster Super 44. It has a nice deep rumble.