1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chevy truck Roll bars

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by ChevyFan, Dec 23, 2008.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Are roll bars as popular as they once were? I've seen them a lot on the 70's, 80's and even 90's trucks, also I see them for guys that want to load up something like a motorcycle or other ATV, while giving a place to put lights and strap down other goodies they might want to haul.

Anyhow, if you've got a roll bar in your truck what do you have and where did you get it?
  2. devilsalmostfree

devilsalmostfree New Member 100 Posts

i would like to see, a newer truck with roll bars in it! i dont think roll bars r popular anymore! im not seeing too many people running around with them these days!
  3. smainsw

smainsw New Member

We got a few guys around here running with them, well really only one or two, but a lot of guys are putting on "Back Rack" on their trucks it protects your rear window, you can mount lights on them, or tie stuff down. I actually just googled it and it almost looks like their a Canadian company, I'm surprised. Check em' out http://backrack.ca We install them on our pickups at work and are even putting them on the rentals as we have had to replace a few rear windows because guys don't like to tie cable reels and other stuff down in the back of trucks.
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have the Smittybilt Single/single rollbar on my 2001 S-10, and I have 5 KC Daylighters on top of it. The entire thing is done out in chrome, I absolutely love it but I do get a lot of smart a$$ comments on it though. I don't think there are too many S-10's that have roll bars, let alone the newer trucks. I have a Go Rhino bar on my 2005 Silverado which is bolted to my tonneau cover. I like this style bar a lot better because you don't take away options from the bed, you can't have any type of bed liner with the original roll bar. Plus I had to drill 16 1" holes in the floor and fenderwells of my s-10, I refused to do that again to my silverado. I have way to much money in it to trash the bed out over a $2,000 roll bar, but I was definately tempted let me tell you. The GoRhino bar is stainless steel with interchangeable inserts, and I have 4 PIAA 520 Series lights mounted on top of it. I love the new style, but I miss the looks of the full rollbar!
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1716&stc=1&d=1232116555
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1717&stc=1&d=1232116728
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2009