1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chevy Truck Skid Plates

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by ChevyFan, Dec 23, 2008.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I'm not certain if skid plates are even an option from the factory, anyone know? I do know that there are some serious off-road warriors on this site, I assume that many of you do have aftermarket skid plates to protect your engine/transmission. What type do you have and where did you get it?
  2. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member 1000 Posts

I nailed the suburban tranny a few times on big rocks. That truck and I did not have a good relationship. I'm getting jeep skids for x mas!
  3. DemoMatt3

DemoMatt3 New Member

there are some good skids out there, but I haven't had too many problem with factory plates, they are decent for being aluminum. I THINK your trailblazer has them factory, otherwise I know that there is a crossmemeber on those that keep pretty protected
  4. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts

I have some stock ones, 3 total. 1 at the fuel tank, 1 at the transfer case and another at the front protecting the motor. I could only imagine they are stock as I didn't pay for them at the dealer.
  5. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member

Gonna bring up an old thread...when i got my new truck in May of this year i was driving back from picking it up and when i was getting off the interstate and gonna get something to eat i heard something dragging underneath the truck...i stopped at the gas station and looked underneath,i saw the front skidplate thats underneath the motor area was dragging on the ground and broke...anyway where can i get a new one at?...i dont wanna buy the full stainless steel kit thats like 300 bucks since the rest of them are is great shape...i just wanna get a new one for the front...any ideas?...my truck is a 2009 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab...the other 2 plates are aluminum/metal and would like one for the part underneath the motor
  6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

salvage yard for a wrecked NNBS Z71 probably your best bet, otherwise try the parts department at the dealership.

Alex
  7. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member

Ive checked junkyards but not the stealership...
  8. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Active Member 1000 Posts

Could probably make a custom one with more protection if you wanted to.
  9. lindadale

lindadale New Member

Yes i always use skid plates to protect engine or transmission.Usually i buy from online shopping or from AMW which is the best truck providers in India