Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Chevy Truck Tool Boxes

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by ChevyFan, Dec 23, 2008.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

My last truck was a regular cab, so I had to get a tool box to store my valuables when I went out and about town. It worked very well, I had a UWS box that I picked up for about $200 at a local aftermarket store in town here. I didn't have it locked down, but opted for the removable pins to be put in so I could take it out if I wanted to.

Who else has a truck box and what type do you have?

[​IMG]

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Huh, looks like Thule bought out UWS (united welding service) who made the box that I used to have.

"Thule acquires UWS, Inc. "
    http://www.uwsta.com/company.html

3. Scratch

Scratch Rockstar

UWS is still a good "bang for your buck" toolbox and is still very popular. A step up from UWS would be Weatherguard or RKI, but they cost more. Personally, I prefer Weatherguard, but if $ were an issue, I'd have no problem buying a UWS.

Here's a Weatherguard chest box:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  4. gmcem50

gmcem50 Member

I have the factory cross-bed box that hangs on the Cargo Management System rails, as well as two of the side boxes that use the same rails. The main two reasons I went with these is the fact that they sit below the top edge of the bed rails and are less visible which makes them less attractive to thieves, and they use the same key as the door& ignition.

5. Never Enough

Never Enough Rockstar 100 Posts

Dee Zee makes a decent box too depending on what line you go with. UWS went down the crapper a few months ago. Very thin and not as solid as they used to be...

6. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would recoment weather guard or delta. I personally know of both to be of good qaulity. Stay away from husky at the home depot. Ipersonally now that one to suck.

7. Scratch

Scratch Rockstar

If you go with Delta, step up to the Delta Pro line.

8. MXZ1983

MXZ1983 Rockstar 100 Posts

I have a deezee in mine, works great for me, would recommend it to anyone who asked.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  9. werty

werty Rockstar 100 Posts

i have a delta in the plow truck....seems to leak alittle ...:grrrrrr:

10. BGerrits

BGerrits New Member

I have the delta pro, and it looks awsome, and works just as good as any other box. yes weatherpro has the heavy feel to it, which i would rather have. but the delta pro looks and works just as good.

the black and red delta pro logo also looks sharp with a black silverado (the black and red Z71 logo)