Chevy Turbo Kit

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by SeanBurgandy, May 26, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. SeanBurgandy

SeanBurgandy New Member

Hi guys, I have a 2010 silverado 1500, 5.3l and I'm thinking of installing a turbo kit. But, I thought I'd check here to see if anyone has done an install on a nnbs silverado and how it worked. Any comments/suggestions are appreciated, thanks!
  2. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's great to have you aboard. I don't know about Turbos but I think there are a few on here with Superchargers. Good luck man. :glasses:
  3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!

I moved your thread here, as this will help in getting more responses/opinions.

Sorry I cannot help you but hope you find your answer soon.
  4. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Anyone I know that has forced induction on a silverado is running a roots style supercharger or a centrifugal supercharger . Now that I think bout it I don't know anyone other than my brothers Audi that is a turbo v8 gasser. But if you can find a kit with a tune it should run like a dream. Minus the boost lag
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome! :great:

(Note to self - If I want to make engine tweaks, pic [MENTION=28925]ahmitchell1[/MENTION]'s brain!)
  6. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

haha around here everyone runs forced induction and I guess you could say that's my specialty. I can also thank my father for teaching me everything he knows. He builds some bada$$ motors. But thanks for the compliment