1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Chevy Turbo Kit

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by SeanBurgandy, May 26, 2013.

1. SeanBurgandy

SeanBurgandy New Member

Hi guys, I have a 2010 silverado 1500, 5.3l and I'm thinking of installing a turbo kit. But, I thought I'd check here to see if anyone has done an install on a nnbs silverado and how it worked. Any comments/suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

2. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's great to have you aboard. I don't know about Turbos but I think there are a few on here with Superchargers. Good luck man. :glasses:

3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!

I moved your thread here, as this will help in getting more responses/opinions.

Sorry I cannot help you but hope you find your answer soon.

4. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Anyone I know that has forced induction on a silverado is running a roots style supercharger or a centrifugal supercharger . Now that I think bout it I don't know anyone other than my brothers Audi that is a turbo v8 gasser. But if you can find a kit with a tune it should run like a dream. Minus the boost lag

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome! :great:

(Note to self - If I want to make engine tweaks, pic [MENTION=28925]ahmitchell1[/MENTION]'s brain!)

6. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

haha around here everyone runs forced induction and I guess you could say that's my specialty. I can also thank my father for teaching me everything he knows. He builds some bada$$ motors. But thanks for the compliment