Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Chevy Uplander - cancelled after 2008

Discussion in 'Chevy Uplander & GM Minivan Forum' started by ChevyFan, Jan 8, 2007.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

GM was supposed to redesign the minivans (including the Uplander) for 2010, but due to the decline of minivans, the project has been canceled. Instead, GM will get a large crossover SUV for Chevrolet, based on the Sequel concept.

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Looks like low minivan sales have helped take GM out of the minivan market completely.

3. Rumpamuro

Rumpamuro Rockstar 100 Posts

The big 3 were all suppose to get out of the minivan market completely but then i guess chrysler realized, ppl probably still want the od minivan, and with gm and ford out of the picture, everyone will come to us for a cheap minivan, so they made the 08 caravan. But ford and GM stayed true to there word and no more uplander, terrazza, montana, silhouete, or freestar.

4. ChevyFan

From what I understand, the Chrysler Town and Country minivan is actually designed extremely well. It's getting rave reviews and it alone has the power to change people's minds about Chrysler.

5. Rumpamuro

Rumpamuro Rockstar 100 Posts

thats wierd i thought they were staying with only the caravan and no town and country.

6. ChevyFan

I've not heard or seen any mention that the T&C would go away, in fac it looks like it's good through 2009, especially as other players go away making it even more likely that the van will sell.

I think the T&C is the higher-end model and the dodge will be the more practical model, although there is a Grand Caravan that's pretty nice too.