1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Chevy Vans restyle for 2012/2013? (Chevy Express)

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by Danko, Jun 8, 2010.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Danko

Danko Former Member

When will the vans get restyled? I hate the slanted eyes and still need a van and want the long GM wheelbase but refuse to drive a squinting face around. I read something recently that implied a change is coming soon. Details, anyone, please??????

2. Danko

Danko Former Member

GM VAN RENEWAL? - no one knows anything?

I am new to this forum and will assume if no one says anything about the renewal of the GM vans it is because I am not getting their attention and not because this forum lacks expertise/knowledge. So, because this IS important to me, I am asking again ..... WHEN DOES GM RENEW THEIR VANS???????????

3. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

from my research, there doesn't seem to be alot of info about when the express/savanna will be redesigned, as I think most of them go to fleet or business use where form follows function, so gm doesn't hype that up too much. And considering they have been the same since 2003, while everything else has been redesigned, it is tough to say how long it will be before they see a fresh design.

4. Danko

Danko Former Member

so you know you don't know?

I love forums where when you ask a question, someone is compelled to tell you they don't know the answer. ?????? So does anyone KNOW anything about the vans being restyled? The Fords have been the same since 1993. and I like the longer GM wheelbases and engines but hate the slanted eyes.

5. CHEVYVANMAN

CHEVYVANMAN Rockstar 100 Posts

then buy a ford, vans are really work trucks and bean counters order vans, so they are cheap, not mine hahaha i have it all

but you might want to ask an conversion company, as they will be looking for that info, trades guys will just p/u keys and say thanks and not care about it,

i like the present avalanche look myself,

6. Danko

Danko Former Member

Well that was childish but forums have people like that. I want a long wheelbase so the clown above (Who cares if he likes his Avalanche - that is not the topic of this thread) says "hahaha buy a Ford" (They have SHORTER wheelbases, Dummy - AND have been the same since 1993!). So, no one here know anything about the 2012 vans? Pathetic. No one?

7. Danko

Danko Former Member

Still wish to know when slanted eyes will disappear. Absolutely nobody in this forum knows about new GM product timing?

8. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Danko,

The members of this board typically don't respond unless they have useful information that they can contribute to the thread. You pressed for a response and out of kindness another member responded with what they felt was the best they could offer, so that you wouldn't feel ignored. Your completely ungrateful response was antagonistic.
    You further antagonize, and insult the next poster. This thread is being closed.

I have reviewed your previous posts in other threads and you seem to have a tendency to be abrasive. So consider this a warning.
    For the most part this forum operates with a minimum of moderation required, because most members can recognize proper social forum behavior.
    If another of your posts are reported you will be banned.

As far as GM restyling, your best bet would be to speak with someone in GM. Either at a dealership, or start a dialog with a customer relations person at GM's website.
    We do not have exclusive inside information on GM vehicles, we're merely a community of people who own, drive and enjoy our GM products. Some members work for GM, and occasionally we get great information as a result. Otherwise, sorry apparently no one here can answer your question.

9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I opened this thread back up becuase there are a lot of people searching online for the 2012 update to Chevy Vans.

10. foytix

foytix New Member

useful Info to this thread, my 2012 van came in back in October and no it wasn't a redesign. I got the slat-eyed look but if that's not your thing you can always order the work truck package, it gets a different grille/headlight.