1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chevy Venture Transmission Problems

Discussion in 'Chevy Uplander & GM Minivan Forum' started by ChevyFan, Aug 29, 2010.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Just talked with a guy today who had a Chevy Venture with transmission problems. From reading it looks like there was a bad solenoid in the Venture that would cause bad shifting. Anyone have one of these?
  2. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts

I have an 06 Uplander and at 44,000 k i haven't had any tranny issues,but have had front end trouble almost since day 1 and have had problems with the brake rotors rusting.
  3. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

The Venture used the 4T65E which is virtually the same as the Impala etc.. The trannies were "weak" to say the least, and the OD gear strips off, as well the the 3rd gear piston tearing, and the valve body filling with crap, oh and the differentials are prone to chipped teeth...
    I just had the one in the wifes car rebuilt... And after $2200 (warranty picked up some of the tab) i got to see all the failure prone parts, and the updates etc.. Trannie guys love these trannies.. which is NEVER a good sign, though they said with proper maint after the updates were installed it should last pretty much forever.
  4. Bigbomber

Thanks for the info Mike.Do you know if this is the same transmission GM put in the 06 and up Uplanders?
  5. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

I believe there are differences and updates since the 4T65E is mated to the series 2 and Series 3 motors, and i have the one that is bolted to the series two motor....
  6. Bigbomber

Here is hoping i have no problems with it for the next 3 years as thats how long we need to keep it before we buy a new Colorado.