1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chevy Volt - Going on a Test Ride in a Chevy Volt Tonight!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Jul 1, 2010.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

chey-volt-headon.jpg

I got invited to a Chevy Volt ride and drive event in Austin this week, but I couldn't get down there so I thought I was out of luck for my chance to drive the Volt and maybe see what GM's up to for the next year.

However, with a email asking if a Volt was coming to town, I got myself invited to dinner with some of the GM team from Detroit in Dallas as they bring an "engineering Volt" here.

I'll get a ride around town in a pre-production engineering Volt tonight, maybe get some photos, video and an interview (again, not sure). Details are sketchy now, not sure who will be there, but I'll do my best to get as much as I can.

So, anything you people want to know about the Volt before I go tonight??? :glasses:

chevy-volt-front.jpg chevy-volt-rear.jpg chey-volt-headon.jpg
  2. Megasaurus

Megasaurus Rockstar 100 Posts

Wow, very cool beans. Would love to learn more about the technology that drives this and how far you can really go in there before the engine kicks in.
  3. Chevy Girl

Chevy Girl Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

I'd like to know what it really costs to charge the vehicle up and how much that costs to do. I guess that changes depending on where you live in the world, but then so does gas. Does it get hot when charging?
  4. ChevyFan

Ed Whitacre just explained what I'll be part of. The Chevy Volt that is in Austin right now will be the same one that I will get to see tonight in Dallas. They're driving 1776 miles and will end up in New York on July 4th.

http://chevroletvoltage.com/index.php/Volt/ed-whitacre-speaks-live.html

It will be me and a local radio host and the guys from GM that are driving the Chevy Volt.
  5. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

What's the fastest speed it can go, how many miles to empty, and can you deliver the car to my house? I could put it to good use. LOL
  6. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I guess I havent been paying too much attention. when did the volt go from looking like a camaro to what it is now which is a cross of a prius and a malibu.
  7. ChevyFan

Yeah, they restyled it quite a bit, that's for sure. I'll ask those questions when I meet with them in about 45 minutes. I've got a bunch more ready to go.
  8. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Let us know where they plan to show it off in NYC. I'd love to check it out. What's the future for the Volt technology? Do they plan to expand it to other vehicles?
  9. ChevyFan

Just got home, it was AMAZING! I have photos and video that I will get up. Photos tonight, video tomorrow.
  10. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That sounds great! I can't wait to see and hear the feedback!