1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chilton Or Haynes

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Randomsoleil, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Randomsoleil

Randomsoleil New Member

Just got the truck and as always try to do most work myself. I have used Haynes manuals for all my previous cars and trucks but see a few of you guys use the chilton. What do you guys like and why?
  2. Gambit

Gambit Rockstar 100 Posts

With me i like the Chiltons better because it has more pictures and breaks down the little steps better than haynes does. it is a personal preference though. haynes is a good manual to.
  3. Bruce T

Bruce T New Member

Wouldn't it make sense to own both. Then you can cross refference. As well, what one book doesn't have the other should. Both good manuals.
  4. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have both. Each one individually gives you most of the steps, but not all. When you combine both books together, you pretty much get a decent set of instructions to work from.