1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chime and Right Speaker linked Intermittent Failures

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by valkyrie97, Mar 12, 2012.

1. valkyrie97

valkyrie97 New Member

Here's to hoping some of you can help without me having to spend a fortune with the dealer. I have a 2006 1500 Silverado LS2 trim package Crewcab with stock AF/FM CD player audio package. The chime system goes out along with the right door bass speaker intermittently. I have checked all connections for looseness and bad wiring and even pulled the speaker to see if it might have bad wires/connectors. Everything seems to be in good condition but everything goes in and out for no apparent reason. It is not related to rough roads or hitting holes/speed bumps. I only have an aftermarket maintenance book and it does not show any control module or anything that feeds any audio signal into or out of the radio such as a tone generator from a warning system for the doors, etc. Has anyone run into this before? I have used this forum to fix my clunking lower steering unit and my fuel tank vent box, so I know there are lots of smart and experienced people here.
  2. zigger215

zigger215 New Member 100 Posts

Sounds like your headunit is failing.
  3. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Along with what zigger said, it could be OnStar related also. All the warning chimes, and OnStar play through your stereo if it like NNBS/NBS trucks. I think the 06 years are considered GMT800?
  4. xsparky

xsparky New Member

I had the same problem in my 06 took it to the dealer and they said the speaker was bad and they replaced them. Hope that helps.
  5. valkyrie97

valkyrie97 New Member

Well I don't have On-Star so that is ruled out. What do you mean by Head unit, the radio itself? If it is the speaker, I might as well go upscale and put in so better units while I am at it for both sides. It is funny as I had the e-mail notification turned on is there were replies for this and never received any notification when you replied. Thanks for the input as this week everything started working again. Mechanical things are so much easier to fix.
  6. gregv92c

gregv92c New Member

I have an 04 and my right speaker and door chime goes in and out also , one time it's loud and most of the time you can barely hear it at all ! If you didn't listen real close you'd think it wasn't chiming all together ! Not sure of the problem !