China makes a copy of the f-150, whats next?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Pikey, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator

2. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member

More Chinese junk and there will be people that will buy it just because it's cheap. I won't be in that line thank you very much!!!
  3. Coach24

Coach24 New Member

Now times may have changed but the number one forgery in auto parts , from china, was AC/DELCO parts. Never know what is in that box anymore
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator

I would not be in that line either. First issue is that is a chinese knockoff, second issue it is a knock off of a Ford. No thank you. If I ever won a ford in some kind of sweepstakes/drawing I would just sell it to buy a GM product or more custom crap for my truck.
  5. silverhobey

silverhobey New Member

I wonder what they will call it ??..FORDINA.....CHINORD....SCRAPMONEY ????
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

7. Coach24

Coach24 New Member

Someone just hit the nail directly on the head.
    Can you imagine that running during the Super Toilet Bowl? What would F*&d say then?
  8. Caddiac

Caddiac New Member

I bet the 'Asian' version of the F-150 does not include the 'Man Step'. They are smart enough not to copy a dumb idea.......Well then again, the did copy an F-150. You think it performs like the original?
  9. coreyallen11

coreyallen11 New Member

I think the copy is better than the original . But seriously that is bull that they think they can do that.:gasp:
  10. AMac

AMac New Member

Haha...I 2nd that Sur.
    Not to mention, a lot of car manufacturers are starting to copy the look of other car makers just to boost sales. In example when I pull up behind the new Dodge Durango I think it's a BMW X3 or X5 because of the taillights.
  11. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

I highly doubt you guys will need to worry about a line for these trucks anywhere in the states. Probably will be sold in most of Asia and maybe parts of the middle east. If you look for that car manufacturer online, you will probably find that a lot of their cars look similar to other makes/models.
  12. Coach24

Coach24 New Member

Seriously folks the lines look much cleaner and better fitting than the F companies stuff. But a 4 cyl power plant? It is like getting a coffin but th isnside has Madonnas old costumes.
  13. Untouchable

Untouchable New Member

They didn't have any other choice but to copy the F-150...I mean, they can't get their hands on parts that are quality enough for a Chevrolet copy cat.
  14. Coach24

Coach24 New Member

LMBO...... Good point
  15. marko54

marko54 New Member

Same opinion here! ford's F 150 doesnt appeal to me (Even the Raptor) So why would i buy Chinese Crap Built in a communist country that treats their own poeple like Garbage.
  16. Coach24

Coach24 New Member

Because everything we buy will come from China if current regime gets their way
  17. ahm1127

ahm1127 New Member

I am sure Ford knows about it, the American companies make a lot of cars that they don't bring to US. Maybe they think they will get better sales with a new name! We buy Chinese, they don't buy American!
  18. Coach24

Coach24 New Member

The only thing they buy are samples to duplicate and it no where bear comes to equality. But then again they hold our loans that the government decided to take from them.
  19. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 New Member

China does this, they copy cars and sell them in just their country not to others. Like the F-150 they make them look really close. Top Gear UK did show a section of their show about Chinese cars and how they copy cars and doesnt pay royalty to whoever design they are stealing. Example is the BMW X5, and BMW sued China for copying there vehicle and BMW lost!

Here is the article about it: http://www.bmwblog.com/2008/12/19/bmw-loses-court-battle-to-chinese-x5-clone/

But idk why they stole the F-150 design but they didnt pay Ford and its definitely not going to be sold over seas, Thank God lol
  20. mudpuppy

mudpuppy New Member

tell me what tech china hasnt stolen from the usa. its funny how some people say that china, japan and other countries have better tech than america. yet they fail to accept the fact that 70% of the planets tech is designed here in america and sold to other countries. how much stuff have you gotten that say designed in usa manufactured in china?