1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chip, Programmer, or Tuner Mods 07-12

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by DrakeC504, Aug 25, 2012.

1. DrakeC504

DrakeC504 New Member

I know that on a gas burner there isn't as much of an increase like a diesel, but I wanna know what ya'll have done to increase horses and which chips, programmers, or tuners ya'll have found to be favorites and which arent so good!
  2. sierra11

sierra11 Rockstar 100 Posts

For a gas burner the best tune you can do is a custom tune from someone like blackbear, diablew and a couple others
  3. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Look into lew he's a member of the site and can set you up with a tuner and custom tunes to go with. Opening up the front and rear of the motor with a CIA, headers and exhaust along with the tune well give you a much faster truck. Then I'd start looking into port work and a cam.dont forget bout your tranny once you start making good power. Also your brakes cuz going fast isnt fun when you don't stop.

Sierra11. I see your from ttown? You a student?
  4. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

5. sierra11

sierra11 Rockstar 100 Posts

Yeah I am a student here. Do you ever make it down here?
  6. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Live of Hargrove on prince ave live here year road for at least another year
  7. The Heater

The Heater Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I had a special high performance shop here in Auburn simply plug in their lap top to my ecu and put the truck on their dynomometer after doing other more substantial modifications (high torque roller camshaft, roller lifters, aluminum large combustion chamber heads, custom steel roller rocker assemblies, etc.) and they tuned the ecu and the transmission shifting to maximize torque and horsepower. This is the best way to do it in my opinion. Find a shop that is good at tuning your OEM ecu on a dynomometer. You get exactly what the engine needs instead of someone else's formula.