Chip/programmer suggestions?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by josh02z71, May 10, 2009.

1. josh02z71

josh02z71 New Member

Hey guys,

I am thinking about purchasing one for my 02' Z71 tahoe. It has a 5.3 and I am looking for more power and fuel economy. I've had many chips on diesels in the past and I am curious if the gains are worth the money on a gas truck? If so, what brand is the best? Thanks.

2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You are gonna get every answer in the book about what is best. My suggestion is first figure out what you truely want to spend. I have asked alot and never got clear cut gains in HP or MPG. Check out blackbearperformance.com or nelsonperformance.com they can do custom tunes and are very reasonable and have lots of options, otherwise you can always go with hypertech, diablo or superchips. One thing that comes with the handhelds though is tha they double as a code reader and can clear them as well. Good Luck.

3. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

check out my review on wait4meperformance. They do custom hand helds from sct and they are great there are a few videos on what it did for me as far as hp and fuel milage. I have seen videos of blackbear and nelson and my tune compares to one of there tunes on a 5.3 I have a 4.8 and it looks stouter than a 5.3 tuned from the other guys.