Chipping away one step at a time - Need help with tires/wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by 2011laserblue, Jun 23, 2011.

1. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

Hello all,

Well, for much time I was debating on what kind of lift kit to get. I bounced around between Rancho, BDS, and Rough Counrty...Finally made up my mind and went with the BDS 4". Showed up yesterday, now I'm eager to put it on and get my wheels and tires set up.

Running into some complications however:
    I'm about 80% Sure I want 305/55/20's...Goodyear Duratrac for tires. Anyone with experience??

For rims, Helo he835 20x9 with a +18 offset. Wil

So really what I'm looking for is...
    Will a 20x9" wheel with a +18 offset work with 305/55/20 tires with a 4" lift???

This is on a 2011 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab.

Thanks guys!
  2. Is your truck 2wd or 4x4?
  3. Blackout07

Blackout07 New Member

Yes it will work. Be ready for some rubbing and the possibility of trimming plastic. I ran essentially the same wheel/tire specs with 5" of lift and had some minor rub in some turning situations. It wasn't bad though, so don't worry. We will be needing pics.
  4. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

Its a 4WD

And cool, trimming plastic is no biggie, right? Thanks guys!
  5. Trimming is easy, tin snips, razor knife, airsaw.
  6. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

Alright guys, minor setback..
    the guy who ive been dealing with at discount tire can only get three wheels, its going to be 30 days until the 4th gets here. Im not waiting a month to get this project done, any suggestions on wheels? Im looking for black wheels with chrome accents.

Thaanks!
  7. Maybe ask him what wheels he can get for you in a timely manor.
  8. Blackout07

Blackout07 New Member

XD's, Mazzi Hulks, BMF's, etc.
  9. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

Went with Ultra Baron 20x9! Should be here tomorrow, then getting it installed as soon as possible! Pics will be posted!
  10. Blackout07

Blackout07 New Member

I've never seen these before.
    [​IMG]
  11. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

Thats what they are! Went and picked up the wheels and tires today...they look AMAZING! Started to put on the lift today, its definitely going to take some time, but it should be done later tomorrow! I will keep you guys posted! Oh, I also did end up going with the 305/55/20 Goodyear Duratracs, they look incredible. I hope they are as good as they look!
  12. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 New Member

Sound awesome, I like those rims but I look forward to seeing the result :great:
  13. Blackout07

Blackout07 New Member

We need pics ASAP.
  14. Sounds like a sweet combo.
  15. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

Really sorry for the delay guys. Just finished up the kit today, looks great and rides great. Love the wheels and tires, it came together REALLY nice. Loving it forsure. Now, I did take some pictures....but when i put them up they are tiny...I cannot resize them to get any bigger...but when I look at them on my computer they are big. I guess this is the bad part about being a noobie. HELP! :)
  16. Blackout07

Blackout07 New Member

Upload them to photobucket. Then click share and copy the IMG tag. Paste them in your post.
  17. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

[​IMG]

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

[​IMG]
  18. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member

I really like it:great:. I like the color blue of your truck and the tire wheel combo fits it really well, and I'm a little biased towards lifts.
  19. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

It looks MUCH higher in person. I had my front bowtie painted to match the truck, I had the rear done a while ago. I just snapped some quick pictures with my phone...I'll get some better quality pictures and post them. My next purchases are going to be recon black projector headlights, black tail lights, and third brake light.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Thanks ! I'm really happy the way it turned out!
  20. Blackout07

Blackout07 New Member

Looks good. Some black Go Rhino Dominator's would look killer on there and they would tie in with the wheels.