1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chips, Programmers, tunes...can we break it down?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 80cutbrougham, Sep 26, 2011.

1. 80cutbrougham

80cutbrougham New Member

Alright guys i did a search and (didnt go crazy) but i didnt find a thread dedicated to different tuning programs.
    Im curious what you guys have used and what your results were.
    what are the pros and cons? long term?

Im just doing some research because i havent fooled around with them yet and may want to in the near future.

I have a 2010 silverado with a 5.3 and 6 sp auto
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

This is a good question, we have a section in the TECH area on fuel and performance with a new sub-forum dedicated to this.

It's new and we have not moved everything into that section yet, but if you look in the fuel and performance forum you should find some answers.
  3. Metaluzc

Metaluzc New Member

You didn't look that hard then! Anyways, as for handheld programmers, a lot of the members will recommend DiabloSport Predator products, myself included, but you also have hypertech or bullydog. You can also get a custom tune for the DSP. As for in-person tunes, blackbear custom tunes seems to be the favorite on the site.
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The word "chip" is for '95 and older trucks/cars. The had small chips that you would remove the the ecm and replace with a performance chip. from '96 to today you need a programmer like a Diablo Trinity or Preditor (being phased out for a newer tuner) to make performance changes to the trucks computers.
  5. 80cutbrougham

80cutbrougham New Member

ok thank guys thats all helpful...ill look in the other section