1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

chosing a leveling kit

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by tmcroc24, Jul 11, 2010.

1. tmcroc24

tmcroc24 New Member

ive been looking at leveling kits for a few months but don't know which one to chose. i like the ready lift 2.25 but its about a hundred more dollars the a 2". is this kit worth the extra money or would a rough country level do the same thing for less money? also its for a 2010 sierra 4x4 z71
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  2. kgibson181

kgibson181 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Beleive me, rough country will do the exact same thing as the ready lift for cheaper, and still be just as good. With all leveling kits the ride is going to be a little stiffer but rough country is a great quality and I haven't heard any bad things about their leveling kits to date
  3. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I've been wondering the same thing. ReadyLift does a good job of selling that level but it is so much more expensive than the rest. On top of that, I rarely actually see people with the ReadyLift level. Most folks seem to have the Rough Country Level or the CCM Leveling kit.
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

One reason the ReadyLift is more money is that it ia machined, not cheap castings or weld steel. You spent alot of money for your truck, so why cut corners on the suspension. Cut corners somewhere else were it won't possibly kill you.
  5. KWG08VMI

KWG08VMI Rockstar 100 Posts

Another level kit that I've heard good things about is the Zone kit. It's 2" for about $65.
  6. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Get the ReadyLift!!! You will not regret the extra money spent. When you spend 30k on a truck what is $200 on a level kit. As far as Rough Country I know their suspension kits are crap so I would have to assume the level kits can't be much better.
  7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

X2 RoughCountry = crap.
  8. ejs08k1500

ejs08k1500 New Member

I have the 2.5 inch total performance online kit on my 08 and i love it and it was 85 dollars shiped
  9. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have the readylift 2.25 inch leveling kit and think the extra .25 is worth the money if you plan fittin 33's on your truck. It's your truck though.......if you want to skimp on things thats your call.........you get what you pay for.
  10. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Haha... that's an excellent point! It seemed like the best option to me at first but the more I searched through the forums and the less I saw it in signatures, the more I started to wonder if I had just been pulled into a good marketing scheme once again. In fact, I had actually ordered it, paid for it, and was waiting for the order to process when I cancelled the order because of lack of confidence. If you guys are certain that it is worth the extra coin, though, I'm more than happy to spend some extra money for some extra piece of mind. I'm no engineer of any sort, nor do I claim to know a thing about cars, metals, or other materials, but after a visual comparison of the ReadyLift level components and the components of other leveling kits, I feel like ReadyLift is superior.

Thanks for the confirmation, gents!